Apply on the American Woodmark jobs website http://americanwoodmark.com/careers/employment-listings/
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
To design and develop learning, practice and assessment materials for all areas of assigned responsibilities. The goal is to create effective and engaging learning materials that facilitate learners in acquiring the knowledge, skills and competencies that allow them to competently complete their work.
This position typically does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: (Education, Experience and Skills)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
Education, Experience and Skills
- Create engaging learning activities and compelling course content that enhances competency and retention.
- Use the ADDIE Method to design learning, practice and assessment materials for all areas of assigned responsibilities.
- Works with subject matter experts to understand needed content and to identify target audience’s training needs.
- State instructional end goals and create content that matches them.
- Visualize instructional graphics, the user interface and the finished product.
- Conduct instructional research and analysis on learners and content.
- Apply tested instructional design theories, practices and methods.
- Provide exercises and activities that enhance the learning process.
- Create supporting material/media (audio, video, simulations, role plays, games, etc.)
- Decide on the criteria used to judge a learner’s performance and develop assessment instruments.
- Applies project management skills to ensure stakeholders are kept abreast of progress and ensures the timely completion of projects. Additionally, maintains project plans and documentation.
- Structure and facilitate a materials review process to gain client buy in.
- Research and recommend current software products that will enhance learning development.
- Be a role model for our CITE principles and our Working in Teams principles.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, statistical reports, and financial documents. Ability to listen and communicate effectively with customers/clients in an effort to carry out responsibilities or respond to common inquires. Ability to develop presentations to be delivered to groups of employees and management.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts like exponents, algebra, quadratic equations and basic logic functions such as if-then-else statements. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as statistical and financial math calculations, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, mathematical or diagram form and develop a plan of action to follow those instructions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Lifting requirements are typically less than 20 pounds on an infrequent basis.
Typical office environment. The noise level is usually moderate. Work hours will generally range from 8am to 5pm, Monday through Friday. Occasional weekend work required. 25% travel is required for specialized training and for exposure to operations in the field.
- An undergraduate degree in instructional Design, educational design, educational technology or related field an advanced degree is a plus.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in instructional or educational design
- In depth knowledge and experience applying adult learning theories in a business setting;
- Successful track record of project management and team experience;
- Knowledge of instructional technology tools such as Captivate
- Demonstrated ability to create high quality, effective and innovative instructional materials.
- Excellent personal computer skills to include a good, working knowledge of Microsoft Office – particularly Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint.
- Job Location
- Winchester, Virginia, United States
- Position Type
Are you looking for a degree or certificate program in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, or Educational Technology? Check out our our Education page
for Doctoral, Master's, and certificate programs!
One more thing: If you know of a program not in our Education page
, please email us
the name of the institution, ok? Thanks!