9:00 am Pacific / 10:00 am Mountain / 11:00 am Central / 12:00 pm Eastern Thursday, November 5, 2015 On November 5, 2015, the STC Technical Editing SIG and our IDL SIG are hosting a joint presentation of "Editing Training Materials, Part 2" by SIG member Lori Meyer. Free to SIG members. See the details and register on the Technical Editing SIG website.
6:00 pm Pacific / 7:00 pm Mountain / 8:00 pm Central / 9:00 pm Eastern Tusday, November 10, 2015 Here is a link to the recording: http://stc.adobeconnect.com/p4wxu8slitf/ Technical communicators near and far: Save the evening of November 10, when the welcome mat will be out for our third annual IDL SIG Virtual Open House! Drop in to find out what we're all about, "meet" our SIG leaders and volunteers, and hear about the many opportunities to be involved with our vibrant, award-winning STC community. All technical communicators are welcome; you do not have to be an STC member to attend. Watch this space for registration information, coming soon. We look forward to your visit! Register on Eventbrite and plan to join us on November 10th.
IDL SIG’s 2014-2015 Scholarship WinnersThe IDL SIG awards scholarships each year to assist students who are pursuing a graduate degree in a field related to Instructional Design. Students applying for this scholarship are expected to be able to demonstrate their focus on topics related to Instructional Design through their academic studies, current jobs, and graduate or special projects. The Scholarship Committee recently evaluated several applicants’ academic records and potential for contributing to the Instructional Design profession, and selected two deserving winners:
- Elizabeth J. Allen, who is enrolled in a Master’s degree in the Instructional Design program of the Learning Technologies Department at Drexel University in Philadelphia, PA.
- Kyung Kim, who is pursuing a PhD in the Learning, Design, and Technology program in the Learning and Performance Systems Department of Pennsylvania State University.
STC members can add the IDL SIG (and any other chapters and SIGs) to their membership at any time by following these steps.
- Go to http://stc.org and log in using your STC member user name and password.
- From the My STC menu, choose Communication Preferences.
- Click the My Communities tab.
- Click the Add Communities heading.
- In the SIGs column, select Instructional Design & Learning.
- Click Continue.
- Click Continue again to bypass the Printed Publications page (you can always add printed publications later.) The next page you see shows your contact information. You can update any information as needed. In the lower right corner, in the Add-Ons section, the IDL SIG should be listed with your payment amount.
- Click Checkout.
- In the Payment Details section at the lower right, enter your credit card information.
- Click Submit Order.
Join us for the “BPMN Basics: What You Need to Know for Your Content Strategy” webinar with Dr. Jackie Damrau. 10:30 am Pacific / 11:30 am Mountain / 12:30 pm Central / 1:30 pm Eastern Wednesday, October 14, 2015 Register on Eventbrite.