Welcome to the Student Member Communication Center of STC's Instructional Design and Learning SIG. Here we highlight our student volunteers who are making a difference in our community by learning to help behind the scenes. If you are a student member of our SIG, or even if you're not, reach out to one of our liaisons with your questions about volunteering. Remember that volunteering is the way to meet people, connect with others, get great experience, and... looks great on your resume!
Here are some ideas on how to get involved with your SIG:
- Get your toes wet: Check out our ads at Volunteer Classifieds.
- Write an article: Read the current issue of our newsletter.
- Enter our article competition, if you are a student in a university program: You can be published before you graduate.
- Attend a free IDL SIG webinar: Sign up at email@example.com. or visit our Facebook page.
Read about student volunteers and the most recent articles that won the Student Outreach Article-writing competition, in the IDL SIG's newsletter.
- Anita Matechuk's article, Getting the Most from my IDL SIG Student Membership .
- Mellissa Ruryk's article, Volunteers: Do you have FONBQ?
- Catherine Wecksell's winning student outreach article,
The Original Remote Instructors: ID Lessons from TV’s Greatest Teachers.
- Kylie Call's winning student outreach article, The Importance of Needs Assessments in Global Technical Communication.