We’re so glad you want to know more about membership in the Instructional Design & Learning (IDL) SIG. Only STC Members can join the IDL SIG. This includes both student and “regular” members of STC.
So, if you fit one of these descriptions, join today!
- You are a technical communicator who has decided to diversify by becoming more adept at designing and/or delivering training.
- You are a technical communicator who is very curious about instructional design and you’d like to “lurk” a bit to learn what ID is all about.
- You have tried your hand at developing training materials but felt you needed to know more in order to improve them.
- You are a technical communicator who has just been informed that training will be added to your responsibilities, or that you are being “absorbed” by the training department of your company.
- You are a very experienced professional instructional designer who is open to exchanging techniques and approaches with other highly trained instructional designers.
- You are a very experienced professional instructional designer who is willing to share what you know with professional writers who are venturing into ID.
Benefits you will enjoy:
- FREE attendance at our SIG's webinars and free access to recordings of past webinars
- Access to an email discussion list to share or ask questions about ID-related topics
- Industry-recognized training through webinars and the annual STC Conference
- SIG's award winning newsletter "IDeaL: Design for Learning"
- Book and tool reviews by experienced, highly trained instructional designers
- Opportunities to gain leadership and instructional design experience
Go to STC membership to join or renew your membership and select the IDL SIG in the Communities tab. Need to add the IDL SIG to your membership? Do the following:
- Log into stc.org.
- Click your name link.
- Click the Communities tab
- Click Add Communities and check the IDL-SIG checkbox
- Follow the instructions on the page to complete the transaction.
Need to Verify Your Membership!
If you provided an email address when you joined the SIG, you should have received a Welcome email from a member of the IDL SIG Member Services team containing valuable information about your membership. If you did not provide an email address when you joined the SIG, you should have received the Welcome letter by regular mail. If you did not receive either of these, you can email the Membership Manager to verify your membership or make other membership-related inquiries.
Help make the SIG work for you!
Please take a moment to let us know how you feel about our SIG's activities or perhaps you want to help. In either case, we would love to hear from you!