We’re so glad you want to know more about membership in the Instructional Design & Learning (IDL) SIG. Only STC Members can join the IDL SIG. This includes both student and “regular” members of STC. So, if you fit one of these descriptions, join today!
- You are a technical communicator who has decided to diversify by becoming more adept at designing and/or delivering training.
- You are a technical communicator who is very curious about instructional design and you’d like to “lurk” a bit to learn what ID is all about.
- You have tried your hand at developing training materials but felt you needed to know more in order to improve them.
- You are a technical communicator who has just been informed that training will be added to your responsibilities, or that you are being “absorbed” by the training department of your company.
- You are a very experienced professional instructional designer who is open to exchanging techniques and approaches with other highly trained instructional designers.
- You are a very experienced professional instructional designer who is willing to share what you know with professional writers who are venturing into ID.
Benefits you will enjoy:
- Special pricing for our SIG's webinars
- Access to an email discussion list to share or ask questions about ID-related topics
- Industry-recognized training through webinars and the annual STC Conference
- SIG's award winning newsletter "IDeaL: Design for Learning"
- Book and tool reviews by experienced, highly trained instructional designers
- Opportunities to gain leadership and instructional design experience
- A business directory of self-employed instructional designers
- Log into stc.org.
- Click your name link.
- Click the Communities tab
- Click Add Communities and check the IDL-SIG checkbox
- Follow the instructions on the page to complete the transaction.