MN Department of Human Services
$44,767 - $65,668 annually
St. Paul, MN
*** This posting will be used to fill four vacancies ***
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year. This position is located in Minnesota's great capital city, St. Paul. The State of Minnesota offers employees a subsidy for public transportation allowing for convenient and easy access to commute to work. Ride the new METRO "Green Line" Light Rail Train to work! The 10th Street Station is located close by.
These positions will develop, deliver, implement and maintain health care training related to policy, procedures, and the eligibility systems currently used by the Department of Human Services (DHS) for health care. The incumbent will work alone or as a team, responsible for high quality design, development, implementation and maintenance of training activities, using both technology-based and classroom methodologies, which includes instructor-led training, eLearning, virtual training and job aids. Included in these duties will be serving as a training consultant for Health Care Eligibility and Access (HCEA) staff and administration in identifying, developing, and evaluating HCEA training initiatives. Incumbents will participate on projects to develop training to support policy, procedures and systems related to Minnesota Health Care Programs and maintain current training programs. These positions will ensure agency and division procedures, methods, and standards related to web environments, graphics and accessibility, including ADA/508/W3C, are applied in developing and maintaining all learning materials.
- A Bachelor's degree in education, instructional design, computer science, or a related field AND two years of professional experience.
- Technical writing skills to write clear and easy-to understand instructional documents.
- Strong communication and project management skills sufficient to set goals and timelines, organize project workflows with others and monitor and evaluate accomplishments.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively with variety of people in various contexts.
- Knowledge of adult learning theory and instructional design used to develop training curricula and multimedia presentations, as well as deliver training based on assessment of learner needs for multiple audiences.
- Knowledge of current trends in eLearning and interactive learning simulations, such as Adobe Captivate or Dreamweaver, and knowledge of learning management systems and practices.
- Experience in one or more Minnesota Health Care Programs (e.g. Medical Assistance (MA)
- Strong knowledge and experience in MA Payment of Long-Term Care Services.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Experience in current trends in eLearning and interactive learning simulations, such as Adobe Captivate or Dreamweaver, and knowledge of learning management systems and practices.
- Understanding of ADA/W3C/508 standards for accessible communication and online environments.
- Project management skills with the ability to multi-task and advance activities through-out the project timeline.
- Technical writing experience.
- Strong communication skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and concisely.
- Advanced technical skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio, Project), SharePoint, other eLearning programs, and Adobe graphic and multimedia software.
- Knowledge of current trends in accessibility standards and software/hardware solutions.
All interested candidates must officially apply online through the State of Minnesota Careers website.
- Go to www.mn.gov/careers.
- Under External Applicants, click the “Get Started” button
- Enter 2335 in Keywords on the Job Search Page
- Click on the Job Posting
- Click on Apply on the bottom of the vacancy announcement on the Job Posting Page
(NOTE: the classification for this position is State Program Administrator Senior)
For assistance with this process, contact the Website Helpdesk at 651-259-3637 or careers@null
state.mn.us. Please be sure to apply at your earliest convenience before the posting closes at MIDNIGHT
on Wednesday, February 3rd, 2016.
If you have questions, please contact:
Our mission as an employer is to actively recruit, welcome and support a workforce, which is diverse and inclusive of people who are underrepresented in the development of state policies, programs and practices, so that we can support the success and growth of all people who call Minnesota home.