Update: Download the IDL SIG 2016 Survey Results pdf here. IDL SIG Members, The 2016 IDL SIG Demographic Survey is now available! This survey will help us better identify our membership base. Please click the following link to take the survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/59KZCXB Check your email for an invitation from email@example.com with a link to the survey. Survey should take about 10-15 minutes to complete. Survey will close on Wednesday November 30 2016 at 11:59 PM Central Standard Time (GMT-6). As a special bonus, current IDL SIG members who complete the survey will have a chance to win one of two $50 Amazon gift cards – just in time for the holidays! Regards, Jamye firstname.lastname@example.org Jamye Sagan IDL SIG Surveys & Social Media
Join the IDL SIG online for our Virtual Open House!5 pm Pacific / 6 pm Mountain / 7:00 pm Central / 8:00 pm Eastern
Wed, November 16, 2016Watch the recording at http://stc.adobeconnect.com/p70g5iisf77/ See the slides below or download the slides as pdf here or as a PowerPoint here.
Virtual Party, too!This year, we’d like to try something new. We’d like to combine our VOH with a virtual party (VP), where we would encourage all attendees to share a photo or story. The VP (not be confused with Vice President!) we hope will add a very human, personal side to our VOH. Hey, it is all about making real, enduring connections!
About the webinarThe webinar will be recorded so feel free to watch with us online and then rewatch at your leisure. No need to take notes. If you cannot attend, sign up anyway so that you will get a link to the recording. See the 2015 VOH recording and slides on our website. See the 2014 VOH recording on Adobe Connect. Register on Eventbrite
Here are some photos of your IDL SIG at #STC16. Also see the 2016 Business Meeting Presentation.[Not a valid template]
Do you know someone who might be interested in joining STC? There's no better time to join STC and our SIG, or renew STC membership! The STC new/renewed member recruitment race is now on, and goes through and May 6, 2016. Communities receive credit when someone joins or renews online and notes the community that referred them. Here's how it works: When recruiting a member, have them include the name of your chapter or SIG on the online application -- in our case, the IDL SIG. The referral field is found under the Membership tab. Your community must be listed on the application to receive credit.
- One point is awarded for each member in any of these four categories: Classic, New TC Professional, Student, or Gold Value Package.
- Corporate Value Package (CVP) members are worth one point for each team member. For example, if five new members join or renew from one company as a CVP, your community receives five points.
- One upgrade from 2016 Classic to Gold Value Package membership
- 50% off one 2016 online course
- A copy of WordPress in Depth (1st Edition) by Michael McCallister
- One free 2016 print subscription to Intercom magazine
- One free 2016 print subscription to Technical Communication journal
- Two complete Salary Database kits (including the Excel workbooks)
- Two $50 Amazon gift cards
- One “Community Spotlight” post on STC’s Notebook blog