Mark your calendar for the “Evaluation of Training” webinar with Linda Urban.
April 2, 2015 (rescheduled from March 19, 2015)
10:30 am Pacific / 11:30 am Mountain / 12:30 pm Central / 1:30 pm Eastern
Register on Eventbrite.
About the webinar
Evaluation Essentials: Is Your Training Accomplishing What it’s Intended To?
If you’re an instructional designer or course developer, you work hard to create useful training that helps people acquire new knowledge or skills that they can make use of on the job or in other parts of their life.
How do you know if the training you create accomplishes what it is intended to? There’s a lot of information about and focus on how to design training. Too often, there is not as much thought given to how to evaluate it.
In this webinar, we’ll talk about how to evaluate the training you develop, and also consider some questions about the system in which the training occurs that are likely to have an impact.
We’ll talk about two different approaches to evaluation:
- Kirkpatrick’s “four levels” of evaluation–an approach that is fairly common in training circles
- Program evaluation, which comes at training from a different angle, and starts by considering what questions should be answered when evaluating a program (or training), and what data is needed to answer those questions.
We’ll wrap up with some resources for where to learn more.
About our speaker
Linda Urban, MS
Linda Urban, MS, is a consultant and instructor who focuses on organizational performance and workplace learning. She specializes in change management, needs assessment, evaluation, sustainability, and performance improvement solutions to help individuals, teams, and organizations work more effectively.
Linda is also an Adjunct Faculty member in the online program Organizational Performance & Workplace Learning at Boise State University, and an instructor in the Technical Communication program at UC Berkeley Extension.
Watch this space for registration and updates.
Register on Eventbrite.
Give yourself a year-end gift by renewing your STC and IDL SIG membership today. You must be a member of STC before you can join the Instructional Design and Learning SIG. For an extra $10, it’s worth it. Here are ten benefits:
- Website: Bookmark the IDL SIG website as one of your Favorites.
- LinkedIn Group: You must have a LinkedIn account and be a SIG member to join the group at http://linkd.in/obhOD2.
- Online Evaluations: Apply at Training Material Evaluations on the IDL SIG website. A group of experienced panelists will evaluate your instructional design and training materials and provide informative feedback. Free to members.
- Twitter: Follow us (stc_idl_sig) for timely tweets.
- Webinars: Read about and sign up for webinars by clicking the SIG EVENTS tab of the IDL SIG website. Members pay a nominal rate for any IDL-SIG sponsored webinar.
- Surveys: Read about the survey results at http://bit.ly/rjGyij. The survey questionnaires are available to members only!
- Newsletter: Everyone can read about the latest trends in instructional design and learning at http://www.stcidlsig.org/newsletter. Why not write an article sharing your expertise? Contact Robert Hershenow at email@example.com.
- Events: Join us at the STC conference, and get to know us at the SIG business meeting and the Community Reception. We also gather for informal meetings during the conference.
- IDL SIG Discussion List: Our discussion list is a great resource for posting questions and sharing instructional design and learning experiences. Go to http://mailer.stc.org/mailman/listinfo/idl-discuss to join. Once you have submitted your request, be sure reply to the email to confirm your subscription. Then, you can send messages to the list at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- IDL SIG Announcement List: This is the SIGʼs communication line to you, and important announcements are made about surveys, election ballots, conference details, newsletter availability, and other SIG business. Announcements are sent on an average of two or three per month to all IDL SIG members.
Join or renew today and start to take advantage of all your benefits!
We invite you to our second annual IDL SIG Virtual Open House on Thursday, 13 November 2014 from 7:00 PM to 8:00 PM CST.
This is a chance for you to learn more about our group and member benefits, and to meet some of our leaders.
To RSVP and join us at the Open House via Abobe Connect, go to: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2nd-annual-stc-idl-sig-virtual-open-house-tickets-14197514147
Instructions for accessing the Open House are located in the Eventbrite invite.
If you cannot attend, we are planning to record the festivities so you can view it at your convenience.
Please share this invitation with your colleagues so they can learn more about the IDL SIG!!
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
Join us October 13, 2014 for “Webinar School” presented by Bette Frick
See more at: http://www.stcidlsig.org/news-and-events/upcoming-webinar-101314//
Check out our new Facebook page!
Click the icon or open the link below.