Do you know someone who might be interested in joining STC? There's no better time to join STC and our SIG, or renew STC membership! The STC new/renewed member recruitment race
is now on, and goes through and May 6, 2016
. Communities receive credit when someone joins or renews online
and notes the community that referred them. Here's how it works:
When recruiting a member, have them include the name of your chapter or SIG on the online application -- in our case, the IDL SIG.
The referral field is found under the Membership
tab. Your community must be listed on the application to receive credit.
- One point is awarded for each member in any of these four categories: Classic, New TC Professional, Student, or Gold Value Package.
- Corporate Value Package (CVP) members are worth one point for each team member. For example, if five new members join or renew from one company as a CVP, your community receives five points.
The winning community will receive:
- One upgrade from 2016 Classic to Gold Value Package membership
- 50% off one 2016 online course
- A copy of WordPress in Depth (1st Edition) by Michael McCallister
- One free 2016 print subscription to Intercom magazine
- One free 2016 print subscription to Technical Communication journal
- Two complete Salary Database kits (including the Excel workbooks)
- Two $50 Amazon gift cards
- One “Community Spotlight” post on STC’s Notebook blog
To receive referral credit, be sure to remind new and renewing members to list the IDL SIG
in the referral field.
If you have any questions or concerns, contact Cheryl Miller, STC Membership Services manager, or call the STC Office at +1 (571) 366-1914.