Three cheers for the return of our beloved newsletter - IDeaL: Design for Learning is now online!!! http://www.stcidlsig.org/newsletter-blog/ Connect with the SIG Management Committee as they bring you up to speed on the latest SIG news and events. Read our full length articles: Elizabeth Allen shares findings from her study on the impact of digital literacy training for adult tutors, and Virginia Butler issues a clarion call to mentor. And of course there is much more... Welcome back dearest reader... http://www.stcidlsig.org/newsletter-blog/ - Crista Mohammed, Managing Editor IDeaL: Design for Learning
Did you miss the 2015 Business Meeting at #STC15? Here are our slides from the meeting. Or download the 2015 Business Meeting Presentation slides as pdf.
Give yourself a year-end gift by renewing your STC and IDL SIG membership today. You must be a member of STC before you can join the Instructional Design and Learning SIG. For an extra $10, it's worth it. Here are ten benefits:
- Website: Bookmark the IDL SIG website as one of your Favorites.
- LinkedIn Group: You must have a LinkedIn account and be a SIG member to join the group at http://linkd.in/obhOD2.
- Online Evaluations: Apply at Training Material Evaluations on the IDL SIG website. A group of experienced panelists will evaluate your instructional design and training materials and provide informative feedback. Free to members.
- Twitter: Follow us (stc_idl_sig) for timely tweets.
- Webinars: Read about and sign up for webinars by clicking the SIG EVENTS tab of the IDL SIG website. Members pay a nominal rate for any IDL-SIG sponsored webinar.
- Surveys: Read about the survey results at http://bit.ly/rjGyij. The survey questionnaires are available to members only!
- Newsletter: Everyone can read about the latest trends in instructional design and learning at http://www.stcidlsig.org/newsletter. Why not write an article sharing your expertise? Contact Robert Hershenow at email@example.com.
- Events: Join us at the STC conference, and get to know us at the SIG business meeting and the Community Reception. We also gather for informal meetings during the conference.
- IDL SIG Discussion List: Our discussion list is a great resource for posting questions and sharing instructional design and learning experiences. Go to http://mailer.stc.org/mailman/listinfo/idl-discuss to join. Once you have submitted your request, be sure reply to the email to confirm your subscription. Then, you can send messages to the list at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- IDL SIG Announcement List: This is the SIGʼs communication line to you, and important announcements are made about surveys, election ballots, conference details, newsletter availability, and other SIG business. Announcements are sent on an average of two or three per month to all IDL SIG members.