by Paul Scott, IDeaL Newsletter Editor
It’s 11:30 pm on December 31, 2021, and I am about ready for a long winter’s nap. But we have a full slate of articles this quarter, and I need to put this issue of IDeaL to bed before I can put myself to bed.
2021 has been, as they say, a year of challenges—another one, after 2020. 2022 is shaping up to be another. Sometime soon, I vote for a vacation from challenging years. For now, though, I hope you enjoy reading these as much as we at IDL SIG enjoyed preparing them.
Maralee Sautter will tell you why she joined the SIG and what she has realized from her (sizable) investment of time over the years. Maralee then sums up the year with her Q4 manager’s column.
The leaders of IDL SIG talk about some of their favorite moments of 2021 and goals for 2022 in our year-end round-up. Then Lori Meyer brings her experience as a past membership officer for the SIG to talk about the benefits of STC Gold membership.
Ruth-Anne Klassen is our Student Liaison. Our student members rotate in running our First Friday at 5 SIG mixer, and she gives us a look into all 12 mixers this year. Our student members bring a lot of value to the SIG. And last, but never, ever least, SIG Treasurer Jayme Sagan rounds off the year with her Treasurer’s Report.
And that is all for 2021. I hope that everyone’s new year is calmer, more welcoming, and more prosperous.
- Why I joined the Instructional Design & Learning SIG, by Maralee Sautter
- IDL SIG Manager’s Column Q4 2021, by Maralee Sautter
- Featured: 2021 Year-End Roundup
- Gold membership: A great value proposition for STC members, by Lori Meyer
- First Fridays at 5: Student Liaison Report, by Ruth-Anne Klassen
- IDL SIG Student Article Writing Competition
- IDL SIG Treasurerʼs Report for Q4 2021, by Jayme Sagan